A great place for college students to learn and develop professionally
Internships for College Students
Discover your potential
Through our intern program at our Mississauga headquarters.You'll work alongside Edward Jones associates as you gain substantive experience and build a foundation for your future success.
Our 10-week development program is designed to help interns perform "real work" in their field of study, and gain applicable experience and knowledge about the industry. Opportunities are available in Mississauga, Ont., and in St. Louis, Mo., and Tempe, Ariz., in the U.S.
As a student preparing for your career, it's important that you find an opportunity that offers challenging work in a hands-on learning environment.
Let Edward Jones help you become who you want to be - not just what you want to be.
Students entering our program have diverse university backgrounds, which include but aren't limited to the following majors:
- CIS or Computer Science
Examples of divisions where our interns could gain knowledge could include:
- Branch Training and Support
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Internal Audit Marketing
- Product Review
- Client Strategies Group
- Financial Advisor Talent Acquisition
Our interns work through the program as part of a group. Organized professional development opportunities and team-based social activities include:
- General partner breakfast
- Job-shadow day
- Managing Partner Speaker Series
Are you a sophomore or junior in a university program?
If you want to differentiate yourself from your classmates and experience a rewarding internship, our intern program might be right for you. Check out the criteria for applying and get started.
Who should apply
We look for students who meet these criteria:
- Are completing their sophomore or junior year of a university program
- Demonstrate a drive to succeed, have a strong interest in understanding the financial services industry and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have excellent analytical, leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
Length of Program
Over the course of 10 weeks, you'll learn a lot about the financial services industry, the firm and about yourself.
Get a jump start on your career
With "real" work and responsibilities, our intern program will help to put you on a path to success. You'll have the support you need, as well as development opportunities to broaden your horizons.
Support and Development
We do things differently here at Edward Jones, and that includes how we train and support interns.
Interns are provided a Program Advisor (PA). The responsibility of the PA is to serve as a mentor to the interns by providing advice and guidance throughout the internship.
The Speaker Series is an opportunity for interns to hear a general partner and/or veteran associate speak about his or her area of expertise. These are informal sessions that provide insight into the functions of each division in the firm.
Job Share Program
Interns get to know more about the RDP program and learn about different areas of the firm in anticipation of a potential opportunity for a full-time position after graduation.
Take the next step - start the application process
If you're interested in starting your career with a financial services leader, follow these steps.
If you're interested in starting your career with a financial services leader, follow these steps:
- If you attend McMaster University, Brock University, or University of Toronto then submit your resume through your university's Career Services site for consideration.
- We recruit beginning in August, going through October.
- First round interviews will take place in late September through mid-October.
- Candidates selected for final round interviews will be asked to complete an application on the Edward Jones Careers site.
- Final round interviews will take place via telephone mid-October through November.
- Offers will be extended to interns in November and December.
*To be eligible for the internship or RDP programs, you must attend a target school or be formally referred by an Edward Jones associate.
Meet us on campus
Want to meet Edward Jones in person? Check out the career offices at the following schools to find out when we'll be on campus.
- McMaster University
- Brock University
- University of Toronto